For a long time, investors considered cryptocurrency investments in the UK to be high-risk, low-gain assets for one to possess. In 2020, the government recognized cryptocurrency assets as individual property. In addition, the post-Brexit financial landscape has matured the cryptocurrency market in the UK and bought exchange regulations into play. There are a few top exchanges where you can buy and trade crypto easily. Let us look at the ten best crypto exchanges in the UK.
CEX.IO was founded in 2013 and is a regulated cryptocurrency exchange. It is considered the best crypto exchange with a customer base of more than 4 million users; CEX.IO has proven its reliability time and again. Offering a wide variety of trading tools for Bitcoin, BTC Cash, Ripple, Ethereum, and other crypto-assets. In addition, the exchange supports multiple payment modes. Its app leading customers to trade crypto with great features is the best crypto exchange app. Some additional features include:
- Registered cryptocurrency platform in the UK
- Customer-centric approach for ease of novice traders
- Provides affiliate program for marketers and influencers
However, a card depositor fee of 2.99% is slightly higher than its competitors. Sign up process restricts users with no valid ID, which is something to note.
Binance has been an industry leader when it comes to cryptocurrency trading. The exchange offers the lowest trading fees and Ironclad security to protect data and funds against probable risk vectors. In addition, it has the best crypto trading app to make trading easy for customers. Similarly, features like instant buy and seamless customer support make Binance a reliable exchange platform. Key features offered by Binance are as follows:
- Access to centralized crypto loans
- Binance offers interest in crypto facilities to all users
- Binance has the best crypto buying app
- Has the best website to buy cryptocurrency
In addition, investors should note that Binance is loosely regulated and has issues in account verification.
Founded in 2012 in Finland, LocalBitcoins allows its users to create advertisements for choosing payment methods and exchange rates for buying and selling Bitcoins. In conclusion, LocalBitcoins is the best crypto exchange in the UK, known for very responsive customer support. Some notable features include:
- Support for a variety of fiat payments options for traders
- Low fee as compared to order book exchanges
- Support for multiple currencies and payment methods
Above all, the platform currently does not support Altcoins and has a higher fee for cash than the rest.
One of the most accessible platforms for beginners, 7b offers a variety of tools for intermediate and advanced traders. In addition, the unique feature of “no KYC needed” makes users in the UK have a lightning-fast trading experience. 7b also allows users to withdraw up to 2 BTC without profile verification. Some other features are as follows:
- A beginner-friendly platform for trading
- More than 400 coins to choose from
- Industrial-grade security and lowest fixed commission rates
- It is one of the best places to buy crypto
With low user feedback and being a comparatively new platform, 7b has a long way to go for user trust.
BC BITCOIN is a UK-based cryptocurrency platform that offers to trade and exchange multiple cryptocurrencies. The platform executes each order as per the demand of its customers. Moreover, BC BITCOIN offers a wide variety of coins, an OTC trading facility, and a deeper liquidity pool to its users. BC BITCOIN is rated as one of the most trusted brokers. Some noteworthy features are as follows:
- Easy payment processing for new traders
- Immediate settlement of transactions
- Reliable and prompt customer support
BC BITCOIN currently offers very limited cryptocurrencies and does not have its wallet to store funds.
EXMO is a UK-based cryptocurrency exchange platform available globally. Founded in 2014, EXMO boasts of 7 years of its operations without any breaches and leaks, making it one of the best crypto exchanges in the UK. In addition, some of the key features offered by EXMO are as follows:
- Quick exchange feature for swapping coins within the platform
- New coins are added by user voting
- Transparent fee structure and low margins in comparison to other platforms
The website does not offer live chat support, making it difficult to approach the platform for new investors.
Coinmama is an Israel-based best cryptocurrency exchange platform. In addition to excellent customer support, an easy signup process makes it a trusted brand and the best crypto exchange in the UK. Coinmama has partnered with ZenGo for seamless trading and low-risk transactions. Coinmama also has the best app to trade crypto. Some other features offered by Coinmama are:
- Easy to understand guides for customers
- Helpful support team to deep-dive into customer issues
- Beginner friendly and simple UI
- Many features with the best crypto app for beginners to trade crypto
Coinmama currently does not allow crypto to crypto transactions and lacks a wallet to store funds.
Swapzone is a cryptocurrency exchange aggregator based in Georgia. It uses more than 15 exchange services APIs to provide the best rates for its users. Users can swap between providers without leaving their portal. Some notable features of Swapzone include:
- Rewarding referral programs and bonuses
- Direct dealing from partner exchanges
- 24/7 email and chat support
Swapzone only allows the exchange of the same coins listed on different exchanges, and trading fees vary according to exchange rates offered by providers.
YOBIT is one of the leading Altcoin exchange platforms. Moreover, with more than 300 trading pairs available, it processes trades worth $45 million daily volume. YOBIT offers free coins for new users. In addition, YOBIT even supports lesser-known Altcoins. Some other noteworthy features are:
- Trading fees as low as 0.2%
- Live community chat for all users
- No strict KYC requirements for new users
YOBIT is loosely regulated as it is not based in the UK. YOBIT has highly illiquid order books with wide spreads.
Coinjar is one of the oldest cryptocurrency trading platforms in the world. The crypto exchange was founded in 2013. It is known for its simple and easy-to-use products. Coinjar is backed by some of the leading investing groups, making it one of the most reliable exchanges out there. Moreover, a family of 400k+ users considers Coinjar the best place to trade crypto. Coinjar provides:
- A beginner-friendly platform for trading
- Offers competitive fee structure
- Ensures high security and is registered with AUSTRAC and AML
Coinjar does not support card purchases and currently has a limited number of cryptocurrencies available.
With no specific crypto legislation, the UK now looks forward to bringing specific cryptocurrencies into government regulation. The above top 10 crypto exchanges may help you consider trading in the crypto. In conclusion, hurdles in regulating crypto-assets for UK citizens slowed the overall market cap of the trading volume in the past. The market is now increasing with the entry of global exchange platforms. Above are the ten best crypto exchanges in the UK. With the tremendous growth in the technology world, NFTs are growing in the DeFi world, and one of the latest trends in Metaverse, where new acquisitions are taking place.