The Ledger Nano X solves one of these problems by providing a secure and easy-to-use device. Let us see what the Nano X offers in terms of features and security and what makes it one of the best hardware wallets in the market.
What is ‘Ledger Nano X’
Among all hardware wallets available for sale, Ledger Nano X is believed to be the best. It is designed to have a Bluetooth feature for users to effectively use it without a wire with their devices like laptops and phones. The price of this hardware wallet at the market is 119 dollars. Ledger Nano X can hold lots of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ripple, Binance Coin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and more.
Ledger took over the Mantle as the flagship of the Premium Product Line with the release of its new Ledger Nano X that supports several new features, including a larger screen and Bluetooth that were not available with the older Nano S Ledger. The addition of Bluetooth allows you to manage your wallet on the go, so you can check your account balance, send and receive assets, install apps and add accounts. The Ledger also performs better than its competitors, thanks to the proprietary operating system called Blockchain or Open Ledger Operating System (BOLOS).
Why do you need to buy Ledger Nano X?
Some of the reasons why you should buy Ledger Nano X include:
- It has a larger space for applications.
- Secures the private key that grants you access to your crypto assets. These keys are stored on your Ledger’s certified secure element (CC EAL5+).
- It has a built-in battery, unlike the Ledger Nano S.
- Ledger Live compatibility makes it easy to connect to the device and use the connection to send and receive various coins.
- It is a small device which means you can carry it wherever you go. It can be used as an accessory or can be added to your car’s keychain.
- Easy backup and restoring of the device with the help of a 24-word recovery phrase that only displays on the Ledger Nano X and not the connected devices.
- The Ledger Nano X comes with support for multiple languages.
Key Features of Ledger Nano X
Some of the key features of this hardware wallet are:
- It is powered by a lithium-ion 100mAh battery, which keeps the Ledger Nano X in use continuously for up to 8 hours and lasts for a few months on standby.
- Ledger Nano X is mobile-friendly with its large screen. The communication with the mobile device is encrypted to provide better security.
- It weighs 34g and comes in size 72mm x 18.6mm x 11.75mm.
- Designed with plastic and stainless steel.
- Supports multiple digital coins storage at the same time.
Ledger Nano X Security Features
The key security features of this hardware wallet are:
- Great Chipset – Certified security element (tiny chip) which provides tight state-of-the-art security. This element is used to secure passports and credit cards.
- Pin code – Ledger Nano X is secured with a PIN code. You can use a password to protect Ledger Live.
- The Bluetooth connection – Since there is no point of attack, public information is transported without security issues.
- Confirmation of Transactions – The Ledger Nano X comes with added security for confirming your transactions. If you do not press the button on the Ledger for verification,, the transaction does not proceed.
- Full Node Support – Users can now use the Saltstack software with the Ledger Node X to protect their blockchain activity, which also secures your XPUB (Extended public key)
- The root of Trust – Ledger uses the software “Root of Trust” to check if a device is genuine by using a cryptographic mechanism instead of anti-tampering seals for added security and trust.
What’s in the Box?
Inside the Ledger Nano X box are:
- One USB cable
- Ledger stickers
- Three recovery sheets
- Keychain for device
- The device itself
How to use Ledger Nano X: Step by Step Instructions
It is of paramount importance not to use a Ledger Nano X that has been set up already. You need to be the one choosing your PIN-code and doing the backup. To set up your device for use, follow these steps:
- Unbox your device
- Turn on your device. You will get a prompt message to download the Ledger Live software. Activate the device through Ledger Live.
- Create your PIN Code for the device.
- Confirm the Pin code
- Write down your Ledger device’s recovery phrase.
- Confirm your recovery phrase.
- Your Ledger Nano X is ready for use. Start using it.
Ledger Nano X Pros and cons
Following are the pros of Ledger Nano X –
- It is easy and simple to set up.
- It supports multiple cryptocurrencies.
- It is easy to use with the Bluetooth function feature.
- It is highly secured with chip technology.
- More than one coin and application can function at the same time.
- The recovery process is possible on the device without connecting to any computer.
Following are the cons of Ledger Nano X –
- It is not open-source hardware.
- Unfriendly user interface for newcomers.
- The recovery sheet can be replicated and stolen.
Ledger Nano X is a hardware wallet that supports multiple cryptocurrencies and gives users security of their assets. The Ledger Nano X is an attractive, secure, and easy-to-use hardware wallet that offers protection when it comes to storing your cryptocurrency. It is one of the best hardware wallets out there in the market with unique features. The features and performance of Ledger Nano X are extensive. The new Ledger Nano X is one of the best solutions to cryptocurrency investors looking for a one-stop-shop device. It allows them to keep a varied portfolio of cryptocurrencies made on the go with industry-standard security.