If you are thinking of creating a well-diversified portfolio with investments in the assets and instruments spread worldwide, one of the best options you have got is Saxo Markets. Interested? Well, take a look at this article.
Saxo Markets Overview
Saxo Markets is a subsidiary of a Danish-based reputed and trusted investment bank, Saxo Bank. With technological advancement in the 90s, Saxo Bank Group launched its first online trading platform in the form of Saxo Markets. Saxo Markets is a user-friendly online trading platform that offers national (if you just want to stick with SGX stocks) and international trading opportunities to its traders on 36 different exchanges. The platform gives its investors access to various financial instruments, including Crypto, Forex, CFDs, Listed Options, Futures, Bonds, EFTs, and ETCs. Regulated by the top-tier regulators like Danish Financial Services Agency (FSA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Saxo Markets is an ideal platform for investors searching for a well-designed and comprehensive international stock trading platform.
What Services Does Saxo Markets Offer?
Saxo offers three platforms to its investors to invest and trade:
- SaxoTraderGO: It is a popular web-based trading platform that allows users to conveniently manage their investments from various currencies, classes of assets, and countries. The platform is suitable for all levels of traders as it has a user-friendly design. To get a broader overview, you can access statistics and even historical reports of your holdings. Through SaxoTraderGO charting, you can use technical indicators, drawing tools, various bar types, and also custom time-period view. There is a SaxoTraderGO mobile app, convenient for on-the-go traders to place trades quickly.
- SaxoTraderPRO: It is a more advanced flagship desktop trading platform of Saxo Markets focused upon advanced and institutional traders. The platform may look like SaxoTraderGO, and the functionality may be similar, but it offers an extensive selection of professional trading features. These features include:
- six monitors support,
- streaming level 2 order books,
- streaming sales and time, and
- algorithm orders.
- SaxoInvestors: It was introduced especially for the retail investors. Saxoinvestors is beginner-friendly as it offers investment themes giving a basic overview of ongoing trends in specific yield products. You will find a list of pertinent mutual funds, stocks, ETFs within each of these themes.
Reason To Choose Saxo Markets
- Extensive Range Of Investment Types, Assets, And Products With International Access: Unlike any other brokerage platform, Saxo markets offer a wide range of stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, futures, options, commodities, and other products in global markets. In addition to this, the platform even offers regular saving plans and expertly managed portfolios. Such diverse offerings allow the investors to diversify their trading without the hassle of maintaining multiple accounts across several brokerages.
- User-Friendly Trading Platform And Mobile App Along With Low Fees: Saxo Markets has a user-friendly interface suitable for beginners and experienced traders. Along with competitive fees and commission, it offers the investors the choice to trade on a web trading platform, desktop platform, or mobile app.
- Availability Of a Variety Of Research Tools: The Saxo Markets has an excellent research base with highly relevant tools and detailed fundamental data to assist the investors in placing a good trade. For research purposes, the platform offers:
- Current and historical data on stocks.
- Interactive charting.
- Real-time news feeds.
- Economic calendar.
- Quarterly outlooks with some general predictions and many other valuable tools.
- Educational Content: For educating novice traders, Saxo Markets provides educational content aimed at inspiring beginners. They offer:
- Free demo service for familiarizing with the platform.
- Video tutorials.
- Educational videos.
- Educational webinars.
Types Of Portfolios Offered By Saxo Markets
Saxo Markets offers to exert managed portfolios to its investors. Each portfolio involves a specific risk level that ranges from low to high and works in accordance with an investment strategy that suits the investor’s needs. Some of the popular portfolios are:
|Analysis By||Name||Ideal For||Min. investment||Simulated Performance Since Inception||Risk|
|Lion Global Investors||Regular Saving Plan||Regular Saving||SGD 2,000 initial investment, SGD 100 regular saving||80.6%||High|
|Lion Globe Investors||Dynamic Growth: Asian Perspective||Seeking Capital Growth||USD 10,000||88%||High|
|BlackRock||Regular Saving Plan||Regular saving with exposure to the bond market||SGD 2,000 initial investment,SGD 100 regular savings||17.12%||Low|
|Regular saving with a balance between growth and perspective||31%||Medium|
|Regular saving with high exposure to the stock market||44.75%||High|
|Brown Advisory||Brown Advisory Ethical Selection||Growth with a strong focus on sustainability||USD 30,000||70.43%||High|
|Morningstar||Saxo Morningstar MOAT||Growth by buying cheaply priced stocks compared to their fair value.||USD 30,000||93.4%||High|
|Morningstar||Saxo Morningstar High Dividend||Growth by buying quality stocks offering attractive dividend||USD 30,000||25.84%||High|
|Nasdaq||Nasdaq DW Global Momentum||Growth via fast-moving stocks.||USD 30,000||339.64%||High|
Saxo Markets Fees
In Saxo markets, no fee is charged for opening an account, withdrawal, or deposit. But a reasonable fee is charged for every buying and selling transaction. The fees and commissions depends whether upon you are a standard or active trader and your account type. Lower rates and discounts are offered to high-ranking membership.
|SGX||0.08% with a minimum of 5 SGD|
|Hong Kong||0.15% with a minimum of 90 HKD|
|Tokyo||0.15% with a minimum 1500 JPY|
|New York||0.06% with a minimum 3 USD|
|Australia||0.10% with a minimum 8 AUD|
Forex fee is around 1.1 pips for USD/SGD and 0.7 pips for EUR/USD. The traders also have to pay a custody fee of 0.12% p.a. on any stocks, bonds, and ETFs not listed on SGX.
Saxo Market Pros And Cons
Following are the pros and cons of Saxo Markets –
- Extensive range of offerings.
- User-friendly interface.
- Rewards for active traders.
- Global reach.
- No deposit and withdrawal fees.
- Educational tools as well as resources.
- Confusing fee structure.
- Not much emphasis is given to customer service.
Is Saxo Markets Safe To Invest For Beginners?
Yes, the platform is safe for beginners as Saxo Markets provides demo services, educational tutorials, and webinars to make novice beginners understand their investment procedure. Furthermore, from the client’s asset security perspective, Saxo Group takes proper measures to ensure that the client funds do not get co-mingled with corporate funds as per FCA rules. It follows two-factor along with biometric authentication for account protection.
Saxo Markets is an ideal platform for investors who are looking to invest in multiple financial instruments globally. With the competitive fee structure, interactive interface, and an array of research and analysis tools, all levels of traders and investors can add significant financial assets to their arsenal through this platform.